Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday shirt for Natalie


Amy asked me to make a birthday shirt for her daughter who was going to have a cookies and milk themed party. What an awesome theme, right?? :) I immediately thought of Lynnie Pinnie's Milk and Cookies Set. We finally settled on this design:

It's the Milk and Cookies Plate design. Natalie's age is represented rather subtly by the three cookies. :) We just couldn't think of a good way to make it more obvious without going overboard. I used the Swirley font from 8 Claws and a Paw to add her name.

4 comments on "Birthday shirt for Natalie"

That's My Brother on February 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM said...

I love this! Not just because my name is Natalie either...do you have any knitting related patterns?

Janay on February 18, 2011 at 8:48 PM said...

You know, Natalie, I don't know if I do own any knitting related designs. But I know I can get some! What are you interested in?

That's My Brother on February 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM said...

How about something like a ball of yarn and needles or something a little more devious? ;) I have seen skulls with knitting needles behind, but I don't know if they were embroidered.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janay,

I'm trying to learn Embird and I'm not exactly sure where to start. I have the Basic software, but I also need the Font Engine if I want to add text to designs, is that correct? I know you use other fonts besides just Embird fonts. I will look for tutorials, also, to try to figure out what I need to do to get started.

Thanks,

Lynnell Boyd

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates