Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gifts for Baby Kendal


This afternoon I attended a baby shower for Brittany. I'll be honest, I had a hard time deciding what to do for a gift! Sometimes it's easier to tackle an order when someone tells me what to do than come up with an idea on my own. After looking over her registry, this is what I came up with:
I'm not confident in the crib bedding Brittany has picked, but she registered for these cute wall stickers, so I was on a mission to find a butterfly or floral design to match these:
I decided pretty quickly that I wanted to use the floral onesie. I looked high and low for a perfect butterfly (more challenging than you'd expect) and eventually settled on the Patriotic Butterfly applique from Lynnie Pinnie, minus the patriotic. :) I added Kendal's name with the Lindsay font from 8 Claws and a Paw.
The onesie had flowers, so to include flowers on the burp cloth and tie in the brown, I used this ribbon:

Michelle also wanted to take a special gift to the shower. Remembering the burp cloth I had made for the daughter of a lawyer and an officer, she requested something that would honor Brittany's husband David who is a cop. I remembered a free design on Sew Forum. Michelle loved it and requested one change... we used David's actual badge number. Cool, huh?

1 comments on "Gifts for Baby Kendal"

Tracy on February 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM said...

you rock!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates