Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peacock Ribbon Blanket


I think this is my new favorite ribbon blanket! Natalie asked me to make one for her daughter. She wanted purple and a peacock, and this is what I came up with:
I knew immediately I wanted to use Lynnie Pinnie's applique peacock design.
 I picked a sparkly marble purple fabric for the front side. I used the vertical stripe ribbon as my color palette and selected fabrics, ribbon and thread to match. Then I used white minkee on the back. It should be a very special lovey!

2 comments on "Peacock Ribbon Blanket"

That's My Brother on June 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM said...

We got it in the mail last night and Lucy actually shook with glee when I handed it to her. It hasn't really left her hands since yesterday! She has 'tried' every ribbon and even offered a few of her favorites to her brother who promptly told her that ribbons aren't for eating...she seemd to shrug and went on testing them all again!

Tiffany on April 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM said...

Stunning!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates