Sunday, June 5, 2011

Shirts for Thomas


Beth requested a couple shirts for her nephew, whose first birthday was this weekend:
 First, an adorable tie shirt:
 The neck tie applique design is from GG Designs. I added his monogram to the bottom of his tie. (I don't have a link for this monogram set -- I've had it since I received my machine and wasn't keeping track of that info yet!)
Next, a little dinosaur shirt:
The dinosaur applique designs is from Lynnie Pinnie. I added "Thomasaurus" with Embird Alphabet #18.
We also put "roar!" on the back:

3 comments on "Shirts for Thomas"

stacig on June 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM said...

so cute! Love the additional Roar! What size of hoop or kind of hoop did you use for them?

Janay on June 6, 2011 at 8:55 AM said...

Staci, I use my regular hoops. My 4x4" hoop is actually 126x110mm which is so nice, I can use 4x4 designs and have room to add a name, love that extra inch in one direction!
I use a hoopless method though... so I hoop polymesh cutaway stabilizer, spray it with adhesive and lay my shirt down on top (and pin outside stitching area for extra security). That allows me to put designs so close to the collar. :)

stacig on June 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM said...

great tip! Thanks!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates