Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Turkeys, Turkeys, Turkeys!


It's November, Gobble Gobble! My stitching has been exclusively applique turkeys over the last few days. WHEW! Turkey designs with multiple feathers are a LOT of work, but turn out so cute! I'm going to showcase them all here. First up, my daughter's shirt:
The applique turkey is from the Harvest Patchwork set at Designs by JuJu. I LOVE this turkey. The artwork is so cute and DBJJ designs always stitch so nicely. Annaliese and I had fun picking out fabrics together (which honestly is no easy task -- she has much looser guidelines for what colors go together than I do). We are both thrilled with the results. Per her request I added "Happy" on top and "Day" on bottom so it reads Happy Turkey Day. I used the Sweet Tarts font from 8 Claws and a Paw, which is just lovely!
When I showed Annaliese her shirt, my son (almost 3 years old) started jumping up and down and said, "I want one, I want one! I want a turkey shirt!" Fortunately for him I already had something ready to go:
This cute little boy turkey is a new design from Lynnie Pinnie. Since he's wearing a ball cap and sneakers I decided to make him real sporty by using my basketball and football texture fabrics (not vinyl, just regular cotton).
Dashiell loved it. He wanted to wear it immediately, and a few minutes later said to my husband, "See my new chicken shirt? It's cool, isn't it? Cock-da-do-da-do!"  Hmmmmmm... seems I need to educate him more in the differences between farm animals. :)

Michelle asked for a "My First Turkey Day" onesie for her granddaughter. After looking through my turkey design Pinterest board, she selected this one:
The turkey applique is from Pink Frog Creations. It was my first purchase from this new-to-me digitizer, and it stitched great! (She has a cute owl I'll probably have to add to my stash.) I added the text with Embird Alphabet #18.
A few weeks back Laura had "liked" an etsy link that showed up in my Facebook feed... I told her I knew a gal who could make something like that. :) I used the same turkey as in the listing, but picked the fabrics from Riley's onesie since it turned out so cute.
This turkey is from Embroidery Boutique. I added "Brooks" with Whoa Nelly from 8 Claws and a Paw.
Speaking of 8CP, they have been releasing new designs like CRAZY recently! I decided to stitch this little guy on a bib because I thought it was such a sweet face.
 There are three different text options, "My 1st Thanksgiving", "Eat More Chicken" and this one, "Gobble Til You Wobble." Now, normally I'm not one to promote gluttony, but let's face it, a baby is going to wobble whether they gobble or not! And considering how much effort we put into getting our son to consume food, I'd be THRILLED if he gobbled til he wobbled just once. :)
I took the following picture as I was stitching. 8CP's applique designs feature a blanket stitch for the tackdown step. It's really pretty! In fact, if I had used matching threads, I would have been tempted to skip the satin stitches all together and leave it as is -- gives a hand-stitched look. I will have to play with this on future projects...
 I'm unusually on the ball this year for teacher gifts... I actually have Thanksgiving towels ready to give them at the beginning of November so they can use them all month long! This is only because I had the opportunity to test a new Lynnie Pinnie design, and I borrowed an idea from myself two years ago. :)
Dashiell gave his teacher the towel using the 4x4" Hand Turkey applique design from LP. The font is "Andy" and Kathy digitized it for me a couple years ago.
Annaliese gave her teacher the towel using the 5x7" design.
Whew! And with that, I think I'm done with turkeys for 2011!
Christmas orders have been pouring in since I announced that my last day for orders is November 30. Just a heads up -- I'll probably have to move that date up. So if you want something from me before mid-January, shoot me an email ASAP. :)

2 comments on "Turkeys, Turkeys, Turkeys!"

Sabrina on November 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM said...

I love it all Janay! PS I emailed you a small holiday order today.

Cole's Corner on November 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM said...

Everything looks great! I'm off to check out that new digitizer and her owl! :)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates