Thursday, November 10, 2011

A few more turkeys...


I know I said I was done with applique turkeys. And I am. But I did make a few more turkeys... that involved fabric... but they weren't appliqued on shirts. So I think I'm still in line with my declaration of being done with turkeys for 2011. :)
I recently saw an idea for making little lapel pins using felt, batting and hand stitching. I realized I could do something very similar using the Felt Stitchies from GG Designs virtually no hand stitching. :)
The original turkey design is from GG Designs. I made several barrettes last year using the design "as is". For the pins though, I used Embird to merge the body with the feathers so it was all one piece (much like her cupcake felt stitchies that I used for Annaliese's birthday). I tacked down batting and trimmed it out, then orange fabric, then brown fabric (and trimmed it), stitched the details, then floated a piece of felt on the bottom and stitched the final redwork outline around the feathers. To make it a pin, I simply whip stitched a safety pin on the back:
This set of turkey pins was given to our church's preschool staff on behalf of the preschool board. We are so thankful for all they do!
One more thanksgiving related project, coordinating shirts for a brother and sister:
The text was requested by my friend. I used Embird Alphabet #14. We selected the colors for the orange shirt to coordinate with a pair of leggings (which I forgot to photograph). And for obvious reasons we omitted the pink from the other shirt.
Anxious to see pictures of the turkey and pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day. :)

1 comments on "A few more turkeys..."

daniKate designs on November 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM said...

Those sayings are so cute. And I love the idea of pins as teacher gifts!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates