Friday, December 30, 2011

Casserole Carriers


Urenda ordered a couple casserole carriers for friends. The cupcake design is from Embroidery Library. I used Embird Alphabet #8 for the text. The border design came from Dee Giles.

The chef hat and utensils design is from Embroidery Library.
And Chandra ordered this one for Cathy. I just love the blues!

4 comments on "Casserole Carriers"

daniKate designs on December 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM said...

Those are great! I'm going to try to sew some items for me this year, so maybe I'll get a chance to make one of these :)

Also, I love the place to carry spoons--are those just inserted into buttonholes?

Janay on December 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM said...

Thanks!
Yep, they are button holes. :)

I make a casserole carrier from two quilted place mats and 2 yards of webbing. I put button holes on the place mats so the spoon can act as the closure. It's not a full tutorial, but there are a few photos for how I constructed it here: http://janaysquilts.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-birthday-ms-susie.html

Super Hero on January 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM said...

Where do you find the quilted placemats? I have looked all over and can't find plain quilted placemats. I love this project!

Janay on January 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM said...

Super Hero, I'm sorry to say they are very hard to find!!
I bought these after Christmas 2007. Walmart had the red, green and winter white placemats as part of their Christmas decor. The day after Christmas I bought $100 worth of them half price. Sadly my stash is almost depleted, and they haven't offered them since. :(

Walmart does have some quilted placemats made by Better Homes and Gardens. Bed Bath and Beyond also sells some, but they are $6 each!

Good luck!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates