Sunday, December 25, 2011

For Unto Us a Child Is Born


I love that for this day the world pauses to remember the birth of our Savior.
We are separated from our biological family this year, so we spent Christmas eve with the next best thing -- our dearest friends. My friend Valerie truly has the gift of hospitality and provided a wonderful meal. My only addition to the dinner table was rolls. AND because earlier in the week I hastily read the recipe and missed a key step (letting the dough rise overnight, OOPS) I had to make a quick run to the grocery store to buy rolls. :( So, I found myself with extra time yesterday afternoon and decided to do for her what I do best: sew, not bake. :) I used Lynnie Pinnie's Nativity Silhouette applique on this red/green plaid kitchen towel.
However you spent today, remember that little baby grew up. Jesus lived a perfect life, bore our sins on the cross, and rose victorious over death. He's preparing a home in heaven for those who accept him as their Savior. THAT is worth celebrating everyday! God bless you!

0 comments on "For Unto Us a Child Is Born"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates