Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pretty Rainbow


This sweet little rainbow design intrigued me. I wanted to use the 4x4 design and needed a little girl with a short name... Emily it was! Bonus, I already had a onesie in my stash her size, woo-hoo!
The applique is Lynnie Pinnie's Rainbow Frame Deco, such a quick stitchout! (There is a satin stitch version, too.) I added her name with LP's new Strawberry Limeade font. This is the smallest size and stitched beautifully!
I was anxious to play with 3 fabrics and 4 thread colors to make a colorful rainbow. I opted for red/yellow/blue for the fabrics, and pink/orange/green/purple for the threads. I think it turned out really pretty using the secondary colors for the threads instead of perfectly matching!

0 comments on "Pretty Rainbow"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates