Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School bags


I took this picture Sunday night before going to sleep, all of our bags packed and ready for the first day of school!
Annaliese's backpack from last year (errr, two years ago!)  is still holding up, so I didn't have any monogramming to do for her.
Dashiell picked out this Spider-man backpack and lunchbox set. I knew I'd make a keychain type tag for his lunchbox.
We debated (at great length) WHERE the monogram should go on his backpack. Front and center didn't work because it would cover up the spider symbol.  He nixed every suggestion I made, and I physically couldn't do his suggestions. Boy, he was getting frustrated. Finally he said, "can you put it here?" and pointed to the little plastic sleeve for contact info. I said, "sure!"
NO JOKE this took less than five minutes. I hooped tearaway, sprayed adhesive, laid down a piece of black vinyl, stitched the monogram, trimmed the rectangle to proper size and slid it in. EASIEST bag monogramming job ever!

I was going to use ribbon for the tag on his lunchbox but realized the vinyl would be super cool. I just monogrammed a strip, folded it in half around a D-ring, and stitched it up on my sewing machine! We used 8CP Spidey font for his monogram
As I have done in the past, I bought a couple Publix shopping bags and monogrammed them to deliver school supplies in. I picked I2S Box Font Applique for the big monograms which made it easy to cover the printed logo. To make things simpler, I skipped the satin stitches and just made the applique raggy (yes, I admit I was doing this at 9pm on Sunday night). I love this print with the tiny owls!
I used Cinnamon Cake to add Mrs. Harvey's name:
And I used Jelly Bean to add Ms. Sperling's name:
I thought they turned out cute!

If you don't own the Box Font alphabet set or number set,  they are on sale until Friday morning! You can read all the details on the I2S Facebook page, but in short -- it's because they are my favorite and we are celebrating my 1 year anniversary with I2S :) ENJOY!

3 comments on "Back to School bags"

Christine on September 17, 2014 at 1:23 AM said...

I have read your entire blog over the last week and enjoyed every minute of it! Thank you for sharing your talents and creativity. I've learned so much from you and look forward to seeing what other projects you're working on!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) on March 13, 2016 at 2:51 PM said...

Yes! This is exactly what I have been looking for! Love your blog!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva on March 14, 2016 at 11:34 AM said...

I am soooo adding embroidery on the back of the bag for my girls. Great place to put it. Don't have to worry about name being seen, but with embroidery it isn't going to rub off either.

Kimberlee, the Spunky Diva

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates