Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School 2012


Another school year is off to a great start. But I'm blogging so late in the day! In years past I've hustled home after drop off and posted pictures right away, but this year is different (more on that in my next blog post).
Here are the kids this morning before dropping Annaliese off:
For Annaliese's shirt I used Lynnie Pinnie's Third Grade Rocks design.
For Dashiell's shirt I used East Coast Applique's Pre-K tag design. I customized it with our school name using the Tiny Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw.
Annaliese has used the same backpack for 3 years so I suppose it's time for a new one! I found myself monogramming this at 8:45pm last night... talk about waiting until the last minute!
I used 8CP's Pizazz to create the monogram. I love the way her initials look in this font! There was no easy way to put the monogram on the front the way the pockets are and how the lunch box attaches, so I put it on the top.
And there was no way I could monogram the lunch box, so I made a little keychain out of ribbon to attach to the handle.
Like last year, I monogrammed a Publix shopping bag for their teachers, and we used them to deliver all their school supplies. This is the Taylor Monogram font Lynnie Pinnie.

3 comments on "First Day of School 2012"

Someone's Mom on August 21, 2012 at 3:15 AM said...

Very nice and creative! Thanks for sharing!
Brenda

jazzo on August 22, 2012 at 6:14 AM said...

Janay, The kiddos look so happy in their awesome bts shirts! You are so darn creative.

Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:18 AM said...

Oh my goodness! These are adorable! I have a feeling that license plate design is going to become quite a popular one for you...

And to build on a previous discussion from a few months ago, It is so refreshing to see back to school shirts with positive messages like "Third Grade Rocks!" rather than some snotty little comment about hating school or not doing homework. Thanks for being that kind of mom, and for bringing your little ones up to be respectful and enthusiastic!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates