Monday, August 13, 2012

Sibling Shirts, Fireman and Princess style!


A friend of mine just had a baby girl last week. Here are the sibling shirts I made for her:
I love these sibling designs from MCA Applique. After using them on a recent set I knew I wanted to give them a go again, but with different little add-ons to personalize it even further. Jonathan is WAY into firefighters. And I heard through the grapevine that my friend is decorating Emily's nursery with a princess theme. So I contacted Melissa at MCA to see if she was interested in digitizing a fire helmet and crown to include in her "toppers" series. Boy did she deliver, and fast!! Don't hesitate to ask a digitizer if you have an idea -- they may run with it faster than you can search for a decent alternative! Thank you again Melissa, they turned out awesome!!

Jonathan's design has the Fireman's Hat merged on top. I used MCA's Angelina font to add his name.
Emily's design has the Princess Crown merged on top. And notice I used the same fabric? I've been anxious to try this fabric on a boy/girl sibling set, pulling out the blue for the boy and the pink for the girl. I think it works!

6 comments on "Sibling Shirts, Fireman and Princess style!"

Paxton on August 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM said...

Those are awesome, Janay. I'm sending the link to Steph.

We found out Steph is having a girl, btw.

Janay on August 13, 2012 at 9:49 AM said...

Congrats Pax! Carlin already shared the exciting news, and we are brainstorming. ;)

gardentilly on August 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM said...

Oh, I need get these. Another question if you can answer for me, when you make the pacifier clips, how long is the ribbon that you use. Thank you for all the help you have given us.

daniKate designs on August 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM said...

Super cute set! LOVE the toppers, and the way you used the fabric works great for both shirts.

jazzo on August 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM said...

Janay, These sibling shirts are adorable. Thank you for the encouragement and inspiration you give so generously!

Janay on August 13, 2012 at 10:45 PM said...

Gardentilly, I haven't made a pacifier clip in over 3 years! :) So I'm going to point you to a tutorial I shared on SewForum five years ago, hope it helps:
http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=55904

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates