Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Floral Bouquet saves the day!


UGH. Family pictures for the church directory. They snuck up on me and I had no plan for our wardrobe. Frankly my husband and I have pretty boring closets, and our kids have tons of mommy and grandma made tees, but nothing appropriate for a good family portrait. I discovered in a box of hand-me-downs that Dashiell had a nice blue dress shirt that matched Carlin's. My one recent splurge of a nice dress had blue and khaki in it, so now all I had to figure out was what Annaliese would wear. She had a pink skirt that matched my pink sweater, but a solid white shirt just wouldn't do. Appliqué to the rescue!! I'd much rather sew than shop!!!
 
This flower bouquet is from Lynnie Pinnie, and I picked colors to match my dress. It turned out lovely!! The design is not available for purchase yet, I'll update the info when it is.

4 comments on "Floral Bouquet saves the day!"

jazzo on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM said...

Janay, You are so fortunate to have such a beautiful family. Love Annaliese's applique! Your son is getting handsomer each day!

gardentilly on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM said...

What a lovely family you have and everything goes together so well!

LondonStitches on August 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM said...

Beautiful family! The bouquet worked perfectly!

Charleen on August 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM said...

Your family is beautiful and your applique was perfect for the occasion!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates