Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Floral Bouquet saves the day!


UGH. Family pictures for the church directory. They snuck up on me and I had no plan for our wardrobe. Frankly my husband and I have pretty boring closets, and our kids have tons of mommy and grandma made tees, but nothing appropriate for a good family portrait. I discovered in a box of hand-me-downs that Dashiell had a nice blue dress shirt that matched Carlin's. My one recent splurge of a nice dress had blue and khaki in it, so now all I had to figure out was what Annaliese would wear. She had a pink skirt that matched my pink sweater, but a solid white shirt just wouldn't do. Appliqué to the rescue!! I'd much rather sew than shop!!!
 
This flower bouquet is from Lynnie Pinnie, and I picked colors to match my dress. It turned out lovely!! The design is not available for purchase yet, I'll update the info when it is.

4 comments on "Floral Bouquet saves the day!"

jazzo on August 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM said...

Janay, You are so fortunate to have such a beautiful family. Love Annaliese's applique! Your son is getting handsomer each day!

gardentilly on August 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM said...

What a lovely family you have and everything goes together so well!

LondonStitches on August 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM said...

Beautiful family! The bouquet worked perfectly!

Charleen on August 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM said...

Your family is beautiful and your applique was perfect for the occasion!!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates