Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stacked Monogram shirt


I totally dropped the ball on making a birthday gift for my daughter to take to a party and had to come up with something fast. I decided to use two fonts I haven't yet tried, and created this stacked monogram:
The applique A is from Embroidery Boutique's Cute Alphabet. I used Cleopatra from 8 Claws and a Paw to stitch her name. I really like this pairing!
And can I brag on my daughter for a minute? She was sitting beside me as I scrolled through 8CP fonts trying to pick just the right one to stack on top of the applique A. I was moving pretty fast because I am very picky about capital J's, and I wanted the overall feel of the fonts to match. We decided to give Cleopatra a go and I got it all merged together. Annaliese gave it a thumbs up and said, "I like how they both have those things on the bottom of the letters. They really match." Ah... my girl noticed that I picked a serif font for that *exact* reason. :)

1 comments on "Stacked Monogram shirt"

Bekah on August 15, 2012 at 9:10 AM said...

Hi, I was just wondering what kind of stabilizer you use for shirts. I'm fairly new to embroidery and I've been using iron-on tearaway and medium weight cutaway together. If you've already mentioned it, could you point me to the post? Thanks so much!

Rebekah

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates