Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Raggy Star Tanks


Annaliese has been begging for some tank tops for these hot Florida days, so when I saw these at Target for $3 I couldn't walk pass them without picking up a couple. They sat waiting for some fun embellishment to come along, and inspiration struck yesterday!
I really figured I would end up just slapping an applique monogram on these since the colorful stripe would be a busy background for an intricate design, but over the weekend Applique Market posted this free raggy star design. Since the tanks have tiny white stars scattered about, I thought it was perfect. Annaliese and I sat down with my fabric stash and picked three fabrics for each shirt. I put a layer of white flannel under each fabric and stitched away. MAN these are lightning fast in the embroidery machine. Trimming and fraying takes the most time.
The purple/aqua/green is my favorite, but the pink/red/orange is Annaliese's favorite. Looks great with a white skirt and her already amazing tan. :)

0 comments on "Raggy Star Tanks"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates