Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Welcome, baby Adolai!


The birth of baby Adolai makes Tre a big brother. Tre loves dinosaurs, so when Karen posted a BigBrothersaurus shirt on her blog, I just knew I had to do something similar for Tre. AND since I didn't get it done before Adolai arrived (I'm going to blame that on her early arrival and not my poor planning), I decided to make a sibling set!
The applique dinosaur (#3) design is from Lynnie Pinnie. I used the 5x7 size for Tre.
 I added the text with Embird alphabet #14. Within Studio I was able to use the outline of the dinosaur as my baseline and curve the text around the dinosaur. Awesome, right? It can be tedious and time consuming to get it *just right*, but worth the effort in the end. (I learned this technique from Peggy, awesome list mom of the Embird 101 yahoo group; you can find the directions in message #4678.)
You know what took just as long as getting the text curved just right?? Finding the perfect-sized little bow to put on the 4x4 dinosaur to make it a bit more girly! :) I borrowed it from LP's 4x4 cheerleader.
Ok, so not the most feminine little sister shirt ever, but I think Bigbrothersaurus will like it, and that's what matters. Well, I hope he doesn't mind that I used a potential nickname ("Adolai" just didn't fit as neatly as "Tre"). He uses his sister's first AND middle name, and is offended when his parents simply call her Adolai. Isn't that sweet?!

To compensate, here's a girly burp cloth. :) I used Lynnie Pinnie's Applique Swirl font for the "A" and added Adolai with Swirley from 8 Claws and a Paw. Love this zebra print ribbon!

3 comments on "Welcome, baby Adolai!"

Annette on June 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM said...

very sweet Janay - what a great idea!!!!

Jacquie on June 29, 2011 at 6:56 PM said...

I love how the wording follows the curve of the dinosaur. I wish I was able to do that but another day.

Looks great.

Tiffany on April 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM said...

That is out-of-this-world cute!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates