Friday, September 30, 2011

Football Monogram


When I got done with Dashiell's tote bag using the sports ball vinyl, I did a google image search on sports balls applique designs -- just to see if there was something cool out there (that I didn't already have) that I could use on a shirt for him. And I stumbled upon this neat monogram!
This football applique alphabet is from Starbird Stock Designs. I had never been to this site before, and still need to explore it some more. But I was so intrigued by the design (and enticed by the amazing sale) that I decided to buy the letter D design and stitch it out to see if I wanted to purchase the whole alphabet. I really like the results!

For those of you that do machine applique, here's a bit of advice/info. I had to do a bit of editing in my software. The die line is only stitched once, and then the zigzag stitch came next. So I duplicated the die line to have a placement and tackdown stitch. It does the background color first, then the accent color, then the football, and then the white stitching last. The vinyl did very well on this design! You will want to use HNBL on the fabrics since it's a zigzag stitch. Actually this design kind of lends itself to felt -- may have to give that a whirl. And look at my pleased little boy!
The set comes with both the alphabet and numbers, which I think would make awesome birthday shirts. You can use whatever team colors you want, so it's super versatile, and you don't have to worry about any licensing issues! in our case GO NOLES!

2 comments on "Football Monogram"

daniKate designs on September 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM said...

Looks great, and I LOVE that football vinyl!!

Mary on October 1, 2011 at 1:03 AM said...

I LOVE the look of that! I'll definitely have to invest in some of that vinyl for some football projects.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates