Friday, January 25, 2008

Shirt to match leggings


Annaliese ended up with three pairs of striped leggings from Old Navy. We both love them a lot. While we were home for Christmas, Kathy and I tag-teamed a shirt to match her navy and aqua striped leggings (I'll post pics as soon as I remember to take them).

Last week Annaliese decided she wanted to wear her pink and gray striped leggings. The only t-shirt I had that matched was a plain gray shirt. When I showed it to her she said, "There's nothing on it!" and proceeded to pick out a whole new outfit. So embellishing that t-shirt quickly went on my to-do list. While I was searching through designs, Annaliese said she wanted a bunny. I remembered a cute applique bunny from Embroidery Library. When I pulled up the animal set to show her, she changed her mind and picked the lamb instead. Lucky for me, a couple days later the set was a part of the stitcher's showcase and was 40% off! So for $3 I got all five designs.


I used a piece of the minkee that I bought for Naomi's blanket for the applique patch. The final product is cute, but I learned a few things. Next time I applique minkee, I will use a contrasting thread for the tackdown stitch. I used white thread on the white minkee, and it was challenging to see where to trim amidst the fluff! I had to do some careful trimming once I was done because some of it poked through the satin stitches.
All in all a cute project, Annaliese was pleased and now she can wear her leggings with a shirt that has "something on it." :)

Next up... a Valentine's Tee to match the cranberry and pink striped leggings.

1 comments on "Shirt to match leggings"

Tiffany on January 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM said...

I love that she is so fashionably conscious to find a shirt with "nothing on it" too plain. That's so funy! She obviously loves and appreciates her mom's talents!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates