Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baby Dashiell is here!!


Friday December 19 at 8:04PM our son, Dashiell Vaughn Trammel, entered the world! Since his name was a secret until birth, I haven't been able to post the few things I have stitched for him. I haven't accomplished much... Christmas orders filled my November and December. Let's start with the matching sibling shirts I did:

The faces are from Embroidery Library's Stick Figure Faces. You actually won't find these exact designs there... I combined some faces to create my children. The baby design originally has one single curly-Q hair standing up. I took a gamble that Dashiell would have lots of spiky hair like Annaliese did, so I borrowed the hair from Boy 3 and put it on the Baby design. Annaliese is a combination of Girl 4 (headband and smile) and Woman 7 (lack of bangs). I added the text with Embird Alphabet #8.
This is the design for Annaliese's shirt:

And this is the coordinating design for Dashiell's onesie:

I got these shirts done last Saturday. I wrapped Annaliese's and packed it with her things. Once we called Annaliese to tell her that her brother was born, she unwrapped her package, put on her new outfit and headed to the hospital. She wore her shirt when she met Dashiell last night, and when she came by this morning to see us again. Can you tell that she is so "eggcigig" to be a big sister??

Here is Annaliese holding Dashiell for the first time. He'll actually wear his onesie later, right now he's in fancy hospital garb. :)

I'm blogging from my hospital bed. I'll post more embroidery projects for Dashiell once we are home.

2 comments on "Baby Dashiell is here!!"

Cori on December 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM said...

I LOVE those shirts! I wanted some for my girls.

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world Dashiell!

Beth on December 22, 2008 at 2:29 AM said...

What a beautiful baby boy! I'm "eggsited" for your precious family of 4. God Bless!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates