Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Annaliese!


Today is Annaliese's fifth birthday! It's an especially Good Friday!

I hoped to have a little gathering on her actual birthday, but was afraid lots of her friends would be out of town for Easter. Would you believe that virtually everyone said they could come?? How fun for Annaliese!

When I asked her about a theme (expecting her to say "My Little Pony!!") she said she wanted to have an Easter egg hunt. Easy enough! In lieu of requesting everyone bring their Easter basket or buying goody bags, I decided to whip out bags the kids could use for the egg hunt and then take home with them. Of course they had to be personalized... this created self-inflicted stress, mainly because we had thunderstorms all spring break and I didn't run my embroidery machine for 7 days straight. I was rushed this week to get Annaliese's Easter dress made (expect a post later this weekend) as well as these bags. But they are cute, and I'm glad I did it.


Expecting ten guests plus Annaliese, I made eleven bags total. Each is made from one fat-eighth and 20" of grosgrain ribbon. I used Embird Alphabet #8 for the boys and #17 for the girls.

Here the bags are, ready to be filled:

And in action!

0 comments on "Happy Birthday, Annaliese!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates