Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ms. Susie!


Today Annaliese's class celebrated Ms. Susie's birthday. They each signed a cute card (amazing how those signatures have improved over the year!!) and we presented her with a group gift. I made a personalized casserole carrier, and another mom made a cake in the covered pan we purchased as part of the gift. She LOVED it, it was so fun to watch her open it.

The stick figure design is part of a set from Artistic Thread Works called Daily-Chore-Sticks Embroidery Design Set. The checkered border is from Embroidery Garden. I added the text with Embird Alphabet #8.

This is the first casserole carrier that I've added handles and the spoon closure to:

I took 2 yards of webbing and stitched the ends together to form a big loop. I stitched it down on the bottom placemat like this:

Then I laid the embroidered placemat on top, lining up the buttonholes on both placemats, and stitched around the other three sides. Here's a shot showing how my pan fits inside:

And here are shots of the back side and inside:


I really like how it turned out. Some day soon I'll have to deconstruct mine and add the handles and buttonholes for the spoon!

5 comments on "Happy Birthday, Ms. Susie!"

Tiffany on April 24, 2009 at 3:15 PM said...

I LOVE the new additions to your original plan. It looks sturdy and super convenient!

LT on April 24, 2009 at 5:51 PM said...

There's just no end to your creativity...I'm so impressed!

Cole's Corner on April 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM said...

I love those. I want to make one for my aunt. She would love it.

You've just added something new to my long to-do list.

grandmaFlor on December 2, 2011 at 7:23 PM said...

I love these carriers! Will surely make a few for gifts. They seem to be fairly easy to make

Diane on July 31, 2012 at 10:35 AM said...

What size placemat did you use? I'm going to have a sewing class making these.

Diane

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates