Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Baby Shower Gift


A year ago Shannon and others threw us a nice baby shower at Carlin's work. Today was Shannon's turn to be showered with gifts for her expected baby girl!
Rumor has it they plan to name their little girl Sarah (and if her name changes I'll just swap it out of an accurate one later). The S is from Embroidery Boutique's Vintage Applique Alphabet and I used Itty Bitty Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw for her name.

Shannon danced with the Tallahassee Ballet, and maybe her daughter will do the same! The ballet shoes design is from Nobbie Neez Kids. I added "Future Ballerina" with Embird Alphabet #38. Instead of my usual row of ribbon, I found this pretty trim that reminded me of a ballerina tutu.

This baby girl is going to make Jack a big brother, and I decided to make them coordinating sibling shirts. They aren't identical, but look cute together:

Jack is really into superheros, so when I saw Nobbie Neez Kids' Tiny Superboy design, I decided to replace it for the "I" in BIG and make him a "SUPER BIG BROTHER" Shirt! The rest of the text is from Itty Bitty Alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw.

I opted for the adjective "sweet" for the baby girl, and used NNK's Lollipop Teeny to replace the "i"s in "Sweet Little Sister". I used the same font, but stitched lower case letters instead, and used pretty little girl colors.

2 comments on "Baby Shower Gift"

Cole's Corner on November 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM said...

Those are the cutest big brother, big sister designs I've ever seen. Great job! Cute, cute, cute!

Unknown on November 18, 2009 at 10:53 PM said...

Janay, I love the embroidered goodies. I feel pretty confident Sarah will stick (the middle name is the one that is up for discussion). Check out my blog...I gave you a plug. http://the-grooters-family.blogspot.com/2009/11/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

Thanks again!
Shannon

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates