Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stitched for Andrea


I spent the last five days stitching exclusively for my friend Andrea!

At the beginning of the week I appliqued seven airplanes on a shower curtain for her boys' bathroom. She has been hunting for something to coordinate with their bedding and couldn't find anything. So she bought a plain shower curtain, coordinating fabrics, and requested I use contrasting thread. It was a challenge, I learned a lot, and thankfully the whole family was thrilled with the results!

The airplane design is from Applique Cafe. (Cole--she has a cute owl on her site if you haven't been there! ;))

I used Embird Alphabet #8 to add their names to two of the planes.

Once I completed that, I tackled a set of matching Christmas shirts for her boys and nephews.

The applique reindeer is from Designs by JuJu. I used the 4x4 size for the youngest, and the 5x7 for the other three boys.


Andrea's boys have matching red corduroy pants -- I cannot wait to see a picture of them!!

Lastly, I stitched a crayon and pencil roll set for Ethan for his birthday party, which was this morning. (The in-hoop designs are from Sewing for Sarah.)

0 comments on "Stitched for Andrea"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates