Sunday, March 21, 2010

Proud of their Uncle!


My brother recently graduated from the Marine Corps Bootcamp. In honor of that I made these outfits for my kids to show how proud they are of Uncle Brice!

Annaliese's dress was made following the T-shirt dress tutorial from Just Deanna. I took a navy t-shirt, chopped it off, did the embroidery work, then attached the skirt. I purchased the Marine material at Hobby Lobby (it can also be found online). The ruffle material was in my stash from the Bargello Flag quilt I made several years ago.

I used a roomy shirt and made the skirt long, so she should get to wear it for a couple years.

I used Embird Alphabet #7 for "Proud Niece of a" and Alphabet #16 for "US MARINE".

Annaliese's dress took me about 3 hours to make; Dashiell's outfit was done in about 15 minutes... embroidery on a onesie, khakis were already in his drawer. :)


Here are a couple close-up shots:


Brice heads out for infantry school this week, so please keep him in your prayers!!

2 comments on "Proud of their Uncle!"

Deanna on March 21, 2010 at 11:18 PM said...

Great job on your dress! :)

Melissa on April 6, 2011 at 4:15 PM said...

Beautiful work! My great nephew is in the Marines and currently aboard the USS Boxer! Will be praying for your brother...give me his full name for our military prayer list...

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates