Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Miso Cute!


Those of you who have been following my blog for well over a year will remember that Kathy and I accepted our self-imposed challenge to embroider something for Annaliese for virtually all of her preschool themes last year--22 of 26! (If you don't remember, you can read more about Annaliese's "Miss Susie Inspired Wardrobe" and flip through a virtual scrapbook at your leisure.) When we were done I told Annaliese that we would NOT be doing this for kindergarten, and I've kept my word! Other than her First Day of School shirt and a turquoise owl shirt to show school spirit, I haven't stitched anything for a particular school theme. Until this week. :)
The kindergarten classes have been doing a unit on Japan, and to celebrate the end of this unit they are going to a local Japanese restaurant for lunch. I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to stitch something special, thinking of Lynnie Pinnie's "Miso Cute" design. I told Annaliese of Japanese Miso soup, then showed her the design. She cackled, immediately getting the play on words all by herself. That sealed the deal!


She cannot wait to wear this to school tomorrow and show her teacher. Can you tell she thinks she's so cute? :)

1 comments on "Miso Cute!"

Cole's Corner on April 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM said...

She knows she's cute... cause she is! Love the outfit!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates