Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bridal accessory set


A couple years ago I made a ring bearer pillow and embellished a couple flower girl baskets. Since sharing those on my blog I have received several inquiries via email about making custom bridal accessories. Today I share a new set... but only to say "look what I made" and not "look what I make". There is a subtle difference...more on that in a second. :)

Kerri contacted me with all her info and requests, then mailed me swatches of her wedding colors (LOVELY!). I went ribbon shopping and here's the final set:
First, the ring bearer pillow. I made this from scratch, the final size is about a 9" square. I used Embird Alphabet #38 for the monogram/text.
The flower girl basket was purchased from Jo-Ann. I removed the white bows that it came with and substituted them with monogrammed bows in Kerri's colors. Check out their awesome wedding date!! (Oops, just noticed some jump stitches I still need to trim. Glad I haven't packaged it up yet!)
And I made these garters! This was a first for me, and I completely winged it. :) Basically I stitched two layers of satin ribbon together, forming a casing for elastic. Threaded the elastic through, joined the ends and added a bow. The "toss" garter has 7/8" ribbon as it's base, and the "keep" garter uses 1.5" ribbon (I also stitched a tiny 3-letter monogram on the front and date on the back!)
It all turned out lovely, in reality it wasn't that complicated, and I'm very pleased with the results. But here's the deal -- I'm not that great at tying bows, and sewing with satin fabric/ribbon requires extra care, so constructing all of this took longer than I'd like. This isn't a market I want to get into, I prefer baby and children's items. So please don't be offended if you ask for a bridal accessory set and I say no. :)

Kerri, I pray that your wedding day is absolutely beautiful. May God grant you two a long and happy life together!

4 comments on "Bridal accessory set"

Jacquie on October 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Janay, that's absolutely gorgeous!
~Lynnell

Sabrina on October 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM said...

So pretty! You tempt us by putting the pics up Janay. But that's OK:)

Mary on October 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM said...

Beautiful work!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates