Monday, October 24, 2011

Simply adding a name?


This weekend was little Dawson's first birthday party. Nicole found an adorable outfit at Gymboree for him, but wanted his name added. I was happy to oblige, and thought I'd show you how I did it.
First I found a football design I already owned and resized it in Embird to be the exact measurements of the football already on the Gymboree bodysuit. That helped me determine the size and placement of the font (and provide Nicole with a reasonable estimation of what it might look like). This is especially helpful if you are curving text around a preexisting design (like I did on Katelyn's birthday dress made by her grandmother).
I printed the template, trimmed it out and laid it on top of the bodysuit, lining up the footballs:
Then I used my blue marking pen to mark the axes:
Hooped the bodysuit, lined up the center of the design with the center mark in the middle of the football, skipped over the football part of the embroidery design and simply stitched his name! Voila!
I used the College Block Small alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw to add "Dawson". I am really enjoying this font!

1 comments on "Simply adding a name?"

Jacquie on October 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM said...

You are so talented. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I love everything you do. Have a good day.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates