Saturday, July 7, 2012

Birthday Shirts


Two little boys I know celebrated birthdays recently and needed special shirts for their parties. :)
Brock had a John Deere themed party today:
I used Lynnie Pinnie's Tractor Applique design, coloring it as best I could to look like a John Deere. I did lots of fabric trimming on this. Since I selected a pale blue for the window and headlight, I trimmed out the green pin dot before tacking down the pale fabric, and did the same for the yellow center inside the black tire. That step really helps light colors pop!
Since I don't have Font Engine for Embird I didn't track down a ttf to match the John Deere logo, I just selected a nice 8CP sans serif font -- Alex. I used all capital letters, enlarging the B to emulate how John Deere looks. I used Embird Alphabet #2 to add the "5"
Brooks celebrated his first birthday last week. The partyware his parents selected was light blue with dots, so I used a monochromatic color scheme with my favorite simple 1st birthday design:
The "1" is from GG Designs' Chubby Wubby Numbers and I added his name with Alex from 8 Claws and a Paw.
Using fabric with lines at right angles (like these precisely placed pin dots, or stripes and ginghams) make me nervous, and I always use special care when tacking it down. Check out this tackdown!! I was so impressed I had to take a picture on my phone and email it to my MIL right away. :)

0 comments on "Birthday Shirts"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates