Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Replacement Silhouette


Well, that time of year has come again... to go through my daughter's dresser and purge clothing that is too small. This is always a painful process for both of us -- it's hard to part with such fun and special mommy-made or grandma-made clothing. But we did it tear-free this week!
Annaliese had 29 short sleeved applique shirts in her drawer. Crazy, right?? (Well, at least it was better than the situation two years ago.) I was able to convince her to retire 12 of the 29 shirts. (And all twelve were in that photo from two years ago, so they did have a good run!)
To ease the pain I showed her some blank shirts I had in my stash that we need to use, and told her I could easily replace the silhouette applique shirt she was sad to part with, because *I* had a design I wanted to use!!
Don't you love how perfectly this teal colored shirt matches her plaid shorts! What a fun surprise for us to discover. The black in the shorts made this shirt the perfect canvas for the Silhouette Girl from 8 Claws and a Paw (which I fell in love with right away and am finally putting to use). Annaliese picked the polka dots. I was aiming for a marbly black, but it is *her* shirt... so I said yes.
(Oh, FYI the necklace is not part of the 8CP design. I had created a necklace for the previous shirt, and just inserted it on this design, too.)
UGH. Every blog post that ends with a picture of one of my children makes me sigh and wonder, "how can she be this big???"

2 comments on "Replacement Silhouette"

gardentilly on July 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM said...

She is a young lady and she needs that many shirts. Hahahah! My daughter, when she was a baby had enough clothes to change twice a day and not wear the same thing for a month.

Tiffany on September 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM said...

I LOVE the polka dots! Your daughter has excellent taste -- they match beautifully with the retro feel of the design! (And the addition of the necklace is adorable.)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates