Monday, March 18, 2013

Spiderweb Applique font!!


I don't use designs of licensed characters, so I'm always on the look out for ways to create personalized items for kids that coordinate with their party themes or favorite things yet don't break copyright rules. Since my little guy is a Spider-Man fan, I requested an applique font with a web inside from 8 Claws and a Paw, and did they deliver!! Isn't this cute?!
I used a nice red Kona cotton. I got it wet and dried it with my iron to tighten up the weave. Then I applied Heat-N-Bond Lite and got to work. I had no puckering at all as the web stitched. It was perfect! The set includes numbers, which will be perfect for birthday shirts.
But WAIT there is more!!
If you buy the applique set this week, you get a Spidey embroidery font for free!
I was so excited to wake up this morning and discover that news, so I did something I've never done before... I rehooped a shirt to add a name! And this is a shirt that has already been washed and worn a couple of times. I'm sure there are lots of ways to do this, but here's what I did... I merged together the applique D and his name in Embird (had to reduce his name to 80% because dang, he has a long name). Once I got everything positioned exactly as I wanted it to appear on the shirt I deleted everything from the D except the placement stitch.
On the actual shirt I fused a strip of polymesh where the name was going to go
Then I hooped sticky stabilizer and ran the placement stitch for the D
I used that to position my shirt on the hoop, I lined up the completed applique perfectly on top of the placement stitch.
I smoothed it out, floated a piece of tearaway underneath, pinned a piece of Solvy on top, and stitched the name. Voila! Name with Spidey font added!
My little guy was NOT in the mood to take pictures again. And it's a dreary morning, so I can't get any good natural light pictures. But I was anxious to show it off, so you take what you can get. ;)
Thanks Julie, it's SPECTACULAR! :)


1 comments on "Spiderweb Applique font!!"

daniKate designs on March 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM said...

Squeal! That is awesome! The applique font is sooo cute and I'm impressed with the way 8 Claws filled your request. The coordinating font is great too and I appreciate the details you shared on how you got such amazing results!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates