Thursday, October 24, 2013

Awareness Raggy Patch Hats


This year I was unable to attend our local "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" walk, but I was able to support a friend! Tarika asked if I could help her team by embroidering hats. She purchased the hats and I made a raggy patch for them that included her team name:

Special thanks to Rachel of EB who modified her free Awareness ribbon for me by converting it to a raggy design. I added the text "Demi Duos" (team name) using 8CP's Kayleigh, which was as close as a match I could find to the font that was printed on their team shirts last year.
I was able to get 6 of these in my 6x10 hoop, so I stitched them all first (hooped tearaway, 2 layers of flannel and one later of gingham on top, a layer of pink floated on the bottom)
Then trimmed them all out and fluffed them up:
Then glued them all down!
Here's a picture of the team from the event taken by the MSABC photographer, Ada Images and Designs (photo used with permission).
This was a fun project to work on and I was delighted to donate my time to a great cause!
However... I'm not really in the business of selling raggy patch hats, so if you are in the market for one, let me give a quick shout out to my friend, Tracy. She answered all my questions and gave me honest feedback when my first patch attempt was too big. :) Her hats are beautiful, click here to see my favorite posted on her fb page Naptime Craft Mommy!

0 comments on "Awareness Raggy Patch Hats"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates