Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tiffany's order for new baby and big sister


Tiffany's good friends had a baby girl this week. In anticipation of this birth, she had placed an order a while back. First up, a hooded towel for the new big sister:

The magnolia is from Embroidery Library and the text was added with Embird Alphabet #38.

For the new baby girl, Tiffany requested two bibs. For one she chose the baseball monogram from Five Star Fonts, because the mommy played softball in college:

For the second bib, she requested the baby's first and middle name in a fancy font. As soon as Tiffany received a text message about Abygail's birth, she emailed me the full name, and I stitched it in a beautiful tone-on-tone bib with Embird Alphabet #38:

Two days later, as Tiffany was checking their family blog for pictures, she discovered that Abygail's middle name was not what she had been told! She called to see if I had stitched the bib yet. I was not home, but Carlin confirmed that I had. When I talked to her a bit later she told me not to worry about it - it would be a fun gift they would all laugh about.
However, I thought it was such a pretty bib, it just HAD to be correct. Tiffany's mistake was that she told Carlin the new middle name. Amazingly enough he remembered it, we did a quick google search and found the blog to confirm spelling. So the correct bib is MY gift to the new baby! :)

2 comments on "Tiffany's order for new baby and big sister"

Tiffany on April 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM said...

I'm seriously still gushing over these gifts. Not only are you the awesomest ever to have done the second bib -- and a search to confirm it all -- but I still can't get over how beautiful everything turned out. The colors and fonts on the bibs are gorgeous and the towel is just amazing!

If you're reading this and you've never ordered anything from Janay, you need to do so. Now. She will seriosuly rock your gift-giving world!!!

Janay on April 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM said...

Aw, shucks...

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates