Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gift Set for Lydia's twins


Two weeks ago Lydia gave birth to her twin boys, thus concluding the current baby boom at our church. They had the names picked out in advance, but she asked me not to stitch anything until after they were born, just in case there was a last minute change. I haven't met the boys yet, but I did get to see Lydia this morning. Here is her complete gift:

Lydia has decorated their room with a variety of blues and greens, so I decided to stick with that color theme, assigning each boy a color. Eliot has primarily green items, and Chet has primarily blue.
First I stitched their Special Delivery onesies (design from Sew Terific):


Next are their burp cloths. The monograms are from the Dot Alphabet I originally got on Sew Forum (now available at Julia's Needle Designs), and the names were added with Five Star Font's Whimsy Alphabet. I have used this monogram set for all eight of the new babies at church!


Finally, I don't do it often, but I attempted to be a little witty with their initials on these designs for the bibs. I used Embird Alphabet #8.

1 comments on "Gift Set for Lydia's twins"

Tiffany on April 28, 2008 at 9:11 AM said...

HAHAHA! That's hilarious -- I love the name puns!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates