Sunday, April 20, 2008

Burp Cloths for Kylie


I'd say the best feedback from a gift is when the recipient orders more! Eureka has enjoyed the original burp cloths that I made for Kylie, and ordered three more. She let me design them myself, just requesting one with her name and one with a three-letter monogram. I had lots of fun coming up with them!

The first burp cloth has a stacked monogram. The "K" is from Five Star Font's Whimsy Dot. I added her name with Embird Alphabet #17.

The second uses a frame I bought last summer but haven't stitched out yet! I love the way it looks with this ribbon. The frame is from AK Designs Boutique, and I added the K with Embird Alphabet #17.

For the third design I used Monogram KK font from Sew Crazie Designs. The paisley accents are from a different frame from AK Designs Boutique.

5 comments on "Burp Cloths for Kylie"

Tiffany on April 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM said...

I can decide which is my favorite -- I've settled on each one in turn. I love the way the dots match the ribbon in the first one, and the plaid in the hearts in the second, and the third is just so elegant. I'll bet Eureka was thrilled!

pink is the new black on April 21, 2008 at 12:17 PM said...

You don't know me but I was curious where you got the fantastic cloth diapers? The ones I've bought aren't that thick...I received one for a gift like yours and can't find them anywhere! Thanks for your help! Your stuff is so cute!!!

Janay on April 21, 2008 at 12:58 PM said...

Hi there! I order them from Stitched and Stamped:
http://stitchedandstamped.com/Blanks/baby_toddler/clothdiapers.html
They are wonderful!

terlyn on July 1, 2008 at 12:26 PM said...

Love your burp cloths. I wish I would have seen your kind earlier. I am busy today making burps for a baby shower at church tonight for our 3 expecting Moms. Do you use anything on the back to cover up the embroidery?

Janay on July 1, 2008 at 1:06 PM said...

Hi Terlyn! No, I don't do anything to cover the embroidery. I've seen lots of neat tutorials for adding fabric to the back and ends to create a more polished look, but frankly it's a lot of extra work... for a BURP cloth. :) So I haven't done that yet.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates