Friday, December 30, 2011

Sibling Shirts


I attended a baby shower in November and wanted to do a big brother/little sister shirt set because I've been dying to use these Fabric Finders tri-checks. The only problem was that the mommy kept the baby girl's name a secret until after she was born. I did the exact same thing when expecting my two kids, so I had no beef with her! :)
My solution -- make the big brother shirt to be unwrapped at the shower, and include a blank onesie with design image and applique fabrics for baby sister. So first I made Maddox's shirt, and he was able to wear it to the hospital when visiting his new sister:
The Big Brother Design is from Applique Momma. I added his name with Embird Alphabet #8.
Then once little Maclain made her entrance, I made her onesie. She was tiny so this is a 0-3 months onesie:
Obviously the Little Sister Design is from AM, too.
So I don't have a picture of the shirts together, but I'm sure you'll agree that these pink/green and blue/green tri-checks make great coordinating sibling appliques! Anxious to see pictures of the kids together. :)

0 comments on "Sibling Shirts"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates