Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Some family gifts...


Last year I went all out on gifts for family -- I did a bunch of embroidery for my parents' new bathroom, made a couple quilts... This year I kind of just reused some ideas for smaller gifts. Or bought them. I'll try to do better next year. :)
When I posted pictures of this burp cloth, my mom said she would love that design on something since my brother is a Marine. I locked that idea away for a Christmas gift, and made her a stay-put towel. (You can read more about my first one here.)
The Marine fabric was purchased at Hobby Lobby. I carefully placed it so the seal was in the corner.
I used Lynnie Pinnie's Dog Tags Heart Applique, and added the text with Embird Alphabets 8 and 2. 
For my dad I bought a denim shirt and embroidered his brand that I digitized last December.

For Amy I took the easy way out and decided to make a set of kitchen towels to match the placemats I made for her two years ago. You can get all the design info here.
 

0 comments on "Some family gifts..."

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates