Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bandana Dress


Thursday night Kathy sent me patterns for several EZ 2 Make patterns for little girls, purchased here: http://www.ez2sew.com/index.php?main_page=index
Friday I went shopping for bandanas, shirts, pillowcases (actually bought yardage of fabric instead) ribbon, bias tape and elastic. Today I'm working on the projects!
I decided to start with the easiest first, EZ 2 Make Bandana Dress. I need to embroider something on the shirt, but I didn't want to waste my time if I goofed up on the skirt. It turned out pretty well, although I'm not sure if the front point is actually centered.

Centered or not, it makes a nice twirly dress, which is extremely important to a 3 year old!


So I have to decide what to embroider. Embroidery Library has some neat paisley designs that would be cute. Or I might applique an "A" on the shirt, using the leftover bandana fabric cut out of the center. I think it also needs a little extra something around the waistline, maybe ribbon or ric-rac. We'll see...

Any way, it was EZ2Make!

8 comments on "Bandana Dress"

Daisha Sheets on June 2, 2007 at 11:23 PM said...

A navy grow-grain ribbon around the waist-line would be cure.

Spinny dresses are always the best.
D

momof2boys on June 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM said...

I take the middle of the bandannas and make a little flower or heart or butterfly to sew on the shirt.

momof2boys on June 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janiceguillory on May 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM said...

Do you have instructions how to make this cute dress?

Janay on May 12, 2011 at 11:37 AM said...

Hey Janice, I am not ignoring you!
The gal who wrote the pattern no longer sells it on esty and I've been trying to track it down. I got an email from her last night -- she is currently out of town but will email me back next week. I'll keep you posted!

Janay on July 6, 2011 at 3:25 PM said...

Janice, I finally got confirmation that you can buy the pattern here: http://www.ez2sew.com/index.php?main_page=index

Unknown on March 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM said...

My mother made one of these for me when I was a teen off of a free pattern from like Joannes or something. I can't, for the life of me, find it now. Anywhere. I have a 13yr who wants one. Any thoughts?

I'm new to sewing so trying to piece this out on my own is a bit daunting.

Amanda-Beth on May 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM said...

Its very simple take old shirt fold bandanda in half cut straight line so habe to triangle fr each banda make enough to go around shirt if want it extra twirly mame more peice then need sew bandana to shirt then sew bandanas straight stich together make sure bandas sligtlhy over lap one another so no peakaboos. If want it longer add second layer of bandanas and sew to first layer then sew together as did before. More sdvancedcsewers can even add a pocket or twom

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates