Thursday, November 1, 2007

Twins Galore!


Within the same week I decided to make pacifier clips for twins that were recently born locally AND 2 friends each requested pairs of pacifier clips for expected twins. Tonight I made all 6 at the same time (the best way to do it!)

I've changed the way I do these slightly. On the first several I had the text going down the clip vertically. But Rebecca (who loves her two pacifier clips for her son) recently said his name looks funny upside down. I didn't really think about the fact that the times the pacifier isn't in the baby's mouth the name would be hanging upside down. So I decided to turn the text horizontally, which in the end looks much better. For those of you who got one of my first ones, and are reading this, I'd be delighted to make a new one for you if you'd like!

For anyone who cares how I embroidered them en masse...
I hooped tearaway stabilizer, marked vertical lines, and sprayed it with adhesive. I laid all the ribbons down and then stitched a basting stitch around the perimeter to help hold the ribbons in place. I centered each design on the appropriate ribbon and stitched away! It went pretty quickly, especially since all of them but one used the same thread color.

3 comments on "Twins Galore!"

angel on August 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM said...

these look great, We have the same machine, does it have a basting stitch? If so, where is it and how do I use it?

Does the adhesive get the ribbon all gummy?

Then do you just take them out of the hoop and sew velcro on them?
Thanks,
love your site!

Janay on August 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM said...

Hi Angel!
The basting stitch files I have were given to me by my MIL when she gave me the machine. I don't know their origins, sorry!

The adhesive spray doesn't gum up the ribbons, as long as you spray the stabilizer, not the ribbons.
Although honestly now if I were to do these again I would use sticky stabilizer instead of regular tearaway+spray.

I haven't made pacifier clips like this in three years. I made a lot, and then when I started using them with my son in 2009, I discovered I didn't like these little plastic clips at all. And I never found a replacement, just stopped making them all together.

If you are still interested in how I constructed them, let me refer you to a tutorial I shared on Sew Forum five years ago. If you aren't a member, you can sign up for free. I don't participate there anymore (really just for time reasons) but I found it to be an AWESOME resource when I first got started. http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=55904

Janay on August 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM said...

Angel, try the basting stitches that you can download for free here:
http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=136077

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates