Monday, March 10, 2008

Something for us!


About three weeks ago I attempted to do something for Annaliese since she had the stomach bug -- I thought I would stitch a shirt for her to cheer her up. I bought this new-at-the-time applique set of ponies from Designs By JuJu. Annaliese helped me select which ponies she wanted, what fabric to use, etc. Then I sat down to stitch them. As I was stitching the basting stitch, I goofed and got the carriage out of alignment, rendering my machine unusable until I could get it repaired. ARG. Then I got a slew of orders before and after I got my machine repaired, so just last night I finally got to a point where I felt I could squeeze in something for my daughter! (Which I am sure is the primary reason Kathy gave me the machine in the first place...)
So here's her new pony shirt. Well, actually a unicorn in this case.


I also had planned to put a different pony on a pink striped shirt. Of course her first question this morning was "Where's the other shirt?" but I'm hesitant to stitch two long sleeved shirts now that it's March in FL... It's time to move to short sleeved shirts!

And while I was at it, I actually made something for myself! I've been meaning to stitch a water bottle koozie for myself since Kathy gave me some in... AUGUST. I had just enough time before bed last night to do it. I used the Whimsy Dot font from Five Star Fonts. I decided to try variegated thread for the big J, although it doesn't show up well in the picture. I'm not sure what I think about it... I'll probably stick to a solid colored outline in the future.

2 comments on "Something for us!"

Carlin on March 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM said...

And by "us," you don't include me?

Tiffany on March 18, 2008 at 5:26 PM said...

I love the design, and Annaliese looks so proud of her new shirt!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates