Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lots of stitching for Chloe...


A few weeks ago friends of mine adopted a precious baby girl. I was so excited that I gave them part of their gift right away. Their shower is today, and I've done lots of stitching for Chloe over the past week!

First, Valerie requested a ribbon blanket.

To match the Lady Bug bedding set they registered for, I used the lady bug applique design from Pegboard Crafts. I added the text with Embird Alphabet #8.

The front is a white flannel with pink and green dots. The back is a white minkee. The ribbons are an assortment of satin and grosgrain ribbons in my stash.


Michelle also requested a gift set:

For the bib, I used the same lady bug design:

For the onesie I used a frame from AK Designs Boutique, and I added the C with Embird Alphabet #17. Michelle bought the little pants and I embroidered a heart from the frame onto the pant leg to make a matching set.



For the burp cloth Michelle wanted something for daddy to use, so I stitched "Daddy's Little Girl" with Alphabet #38, and added paisley designs (from another frame from AK Designs Boutique) to go with the ribbon.


Now, I didn't want to go to the shower empty handed myself, so I stitched a couple more things...

See, in anticipation of orders I had come up with lots of monogram options for people to choose from, and I fell in love Chloe's monogram in the Empire font from Embroidery Arts. It just HAD to be stitched! I picked her mommy's favorite color for the bib.

I've also be anxious to try this fabric/ribbon combination. The monogram is Vintage Applique Alphabet from Embroidery Boutique. I added her name with Tinker Toy alphabet from 8 Claws and a Paw.

Whew! This girl is not even 4 weeks old, and she already has more personalized stuff than me! :)

0 comments on "Lots of stitching for Chloe..."

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates