Sunday, November 16, 2008

Borrowing an idea I just had to try...


This is not an original idea. Someone on Sew Forum posted a similar type turkey, and I immediately wanted to try it. So I decided to give it a whirl on a hand towel:

Isn't it so cute?? The applique turkey is from Pegasus Embroidery. Instead of appliqueing the 8 feathers down, I tacked down ribbon. I have quite an assortment, and lots of these were scraps that I had saved for "someday I might want that 3 inches of ribbon..." Here's a close-up:

Now, to see how the turkey is originally designed, let me post pictures of Annaliese in her turkey shirt, made for her by Grandma Kathy.
FRONT:


BACK:


Isn't that the cutest thing?! I love the back of the turkey. Annaliese's hair has to be in braids whenever she wears this shirt! :)

1 comments on "Borrowing an idea I just had to try..."

Sabrina on November 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM said...

Hey, do you still have the design to make these? How much would it cost? I have an engagment party after Thanksgiving and this is SO cute:)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates