Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Madison!


Madison's 5th birthday party was today. When I asked her mom for gift ideas, she suggested a pillowcase dress similar to Abby and Anna's dresses. Currently Madison's favorite colors are turquoise, purple, green and pink, so I went on a hunt to find fabric in one or more of those colors. I found a pretty sparkly striped material with those four colors and felt like I'd hit the jackpot!

For the monogram I used the Dot Alphabet from Julia's Needle Designs). This alphabet is not originally designed as an applique letter, but I was afraid the dots would get lost among the stripes. So I reworked the design to add some tack-down stitches and used purple material to help the dots stand out.

Here is Madison in her dress on her birthday!

1 comments on "Happy Birthday, Madison!"

Tiffany on November 13, 2008 at 11:23 AM said...

WOW! That dress is totally Madison. I'm sure she absolutely loved it!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates