Saturday, November 1, 2008

Welcome Baby Torin!


It seems like such a long time ago when Jason and Anna shared their big secret with me, asking me to help them reveal the news of their pregnancy. Fast forward several months... Jason and Anna let me in on another secret, the baby's name. They wanted me to stitch a couple blankets for them with his name and monogram. Since they wanted to be able to take them to the hospital, I got to be one of the few people that knew the details in advance. Now that Torin has arrived, I can safely post these pictures!
We used the same colors, shamrock design (from Stitchery Mall) and Embird Alphabet #37 as we did for the onesies.


Their goal was to have the design placed so that it was visible when Torin is swaddled. Since I don't have a newborn handy (yet), I had to use Annaliese's doll as a test model. Rose wears premie clothing, so hopefully she's a relatively accurate guess...

We decided to place the design in slightly different locations on each blanket, so hopefully one is close enough. Of course, I warned Jason and Anna that if Torin is anything like Annaliese, it won't matter because he won't stay swaddled long anyway. :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have my gift for Jason and Anna done and in the mail, so once they receive it, I'll post pictures. I wish I could be there to see them open it in person... oh well.

0 comments on "Welcome Baby Torin!"

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates