Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jesse!


Another one of Annaliese's buddies turned five -- Jesse's party is today. When I asked his mom for ideas, she thought he'd like a shirt that no one else in the world would have. :) I can handle that! Jesse is really into Legos, so I went on a hunt to find something lego-inspired.
Well, there's not much out there! So I enlisted my mother-in-law's help. I found a lego ttf, and she digitized "Jesse" for me as double applique letters so I could make his name look like the Lego logo. It's certainly not a perfect match, but I was pretty pleased with the results!

I did a test stitch first on red fabric. Once I knew it was going to work, then I stitched it onto a t-shirt for him.

I didn't want to waste the test stitch, so I turned it into a pocket and added it to a little denim tote bag:

2 comments on "Happy Birthday, Jesse!"

jazzo on November 11, 2008 at 4:45 AM said...

jesse's gift is awesome, i'm sure he'll enjoy it...i can just picture him dragging his lego bag full of legos with him everywhere.....your work is always an inspiration

Tiffany on November 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM said...

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates