Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gift for Baby Madison


Our good friends Gary and Becky are expecting a baby girl any time in the next couple weeks, so I've been stitching fun stuff for her.
Both parents are FSU alumni and Seminole fans. The Indian ragdoll design is from Jumping Needle (no longer available), and I added "Daddy's Little Seminole" with an alphabet I have from Oregon Patch Works.


Madison's room is all decked out in pink, so I choose pink for this burp cloth. The lovely monogram is Empire font from Embroidery Arts.

When I found out her name is going to be Madison Marie, I immediately thought of M&Ms. How I do love chocolate... I modified a design from Stitch On Time to do a playful burp cloth with her initials.

To coordinate, Kathy digitized an "m" for me in a font that would make this bib look like a big M&M.

(Turns out some family members are already calling Madison M&M, so my ideas were appreciated. Woo-hoo!)
The only specific thing Becky requested were some bows with monogrammed buttons to use on Madison's stroller and infant carrier. I've had a covered button kit for a long time but never attempted it. There is really nothing to it, and I'm glad I finally had a reason to give it a try! Valerie lent a hand by making the bows for me, and then I added the monogrammed button to the front and safety pin to the back. I hope they work well!

2 comments on "Gift for Baby Madison"

Cole's Corner on July 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM said...

oooohhh... cute, cute, cute. A friend of mine just had a little girl named Madyson Michelle and they are calling her M&M... would love to have that 'm' so that I could make her a bib like that! I'm going to go check out stitch on time right now!

The Davis Family on September 3, 2009 at 8:28 PM said...

We can't wait to put Madison in her Seminole onesie. The bows did work out perfectly. I will post pictures soon on my blog. We have a picture of her in her car seat with the bow on it. My dad, who calls Madison M&M, hasn't seen the bib and burpcloth yet, but I am sure he will just love it. Thanks again! We really love all of them.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates