Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Gift for the Newcombes!


A couple weeks ago I went to a baby shower for some good friends, who are expecting their second little girl, and here's the gift I took:
First a pair of sister shirts -- Big Sister Kylie had to get something special! I took this opportunity to use a new set of sibling designs I recently purchased from Applique Momma. I used the zig zag 5" size of the Big Sister design for Kylie's shirt, adding her name with the Tinker Toy font from 8 Claws and a Paw:
And I used the zig zag 4" size of the Little Sister design for Jada's onesie:

I stitched the Mommy's Lil' Rattler bib back in September when I tested the cute snake applique design from Lynnie Pinnie

Jada's nursery decor is this pink and orange butterfly set:
So when I had to opportunity to test Lynnie Pinnie's new Spring Butterfly applique design, I knew exactly how I wanted to use it! I added Jada's name with the Swirley Font from 8 Claws and a Paw.
~~~~~~~
In addition to this stuff, I have stitched one other item for baby Jada. Becky asked me to add a butterfly and name to this blanket, which she gave to Eureka at the shower:
The applique butterfly design (a freebie!!) is from 8 Claws and a Paw. The font (Miss Kitty) is from 8CP, too.

1 comments on "Baby Gift for the Newcombes!"

Mary on March 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM said...

You do such beautiful work! I really like the sibling designs with the zig zag stitching. I haven't tried it yet, but think I will next time.

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates