Friday, March 25, 2011

A couple shirts for Grant


Earlier this week I received a package of shirts/fabric from a friend to make applique T's for her kids. I got a couple for Grant done last night, and don't want to wait for the others to be finished to show these two off. :)

First of all, Grant is going to be 5 (yes, FIVE!) in May. I've been anxious to stitch these new Applique Birthday Candle Numbers from 8 Claws and a Paw, so Carla graciously let me do my own thing.
I really like the diamond satin stitching around the numbers -- unique and different than the other sets available elsewhere. I added his name with Whoa Nelly also from 8CP.
Carla requested a tie shirt. I adore this design and have put it on several onesies, but not a larger t-shirt yet. It turned out so cute!! Don't you just love the striped fabric Carla found?
The neck tie applique design is from GG Designs. I recently saw a picture of a tie onesie with a monogram on it and thought that was a precious idea, so we added Grant's monogram to the bottom of his tie. (I don't have a link for this monogram set -- I've had it since I received my machine and wasn't keeping track of that info yet!)

4 comments on "A couple shirts for Grant"

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva on March 25, 2011 at 2:09 PM said...

I just love that monogramed tie!!! I also love your new look.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Vicki Rittner on March 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM said...

You do good work! What font did you use for Grant? It looks like a great one for kids.

Janay on March 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM said...

Thanks Vicki!
I used Whoa Nelly from 8 Claws and a Paw. It is one of my absolute favorites, I use it a lot on boy stuff, but it's gender neutral so its good for girls, too. I just tend to go with something swirley for girls. :)

Mary on March 26, 2011 at 2:36 AM said...

I love the stitching around the birthday design. Such a neat look!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates