Friday, May 6, 2011

Awesome Mom!!


Mother's Day is approaching, and I've received several newsletters from embroidery sites having sales on their Mother's Day designs. When I saw the advertisement for the "Crafty Mama Sale" at Urban Threads, I knew immediately what Dashiell wanted to get me for Mother's Day. He's only 2 so he doesn't understand gift giving, but if he did, and he had access to embroidery design sites and knew how to use my embroidery machine, I am confident he would have made this for me. So I did it on his behalf. :)
When he saw it he said, "You Super Mom? You fly?"

The Awesome Mom design is from Urban Threads.
 You know I love and adore applique, but there was something very nice about just grabbing six spools of thread and whipping this out without agonizing over which five fabrics to choose! And I love the sketchy look of the outline stitches. It's intentionally not perfectly lined up, and adds to the character of the comic style art.
 It happens so rarely, but it was nice to do something for myself. :)

1 comments on "Awesome Mom!!"

Sabrina on May 11, 2011 at 10:49 PM said...

Love it!! You are super:)

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates