Thursday, May 12, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Gifts


Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week at my daughter's school. She decided we should give her teacher an apron!
While I was at it, I also appliqued a tote bag to donate to the door prizes the assistant principal was giving out throughout the week. 
The Owl Branch applique is from Embroidery Boutique. I chose the owl and turquoise materials for their school mascot and colors.
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at a different elementary school in town. Valerie asked me to make key fobs for the teachers of her girls. We put their surname on the front (I used Embird Alphabet #14).
Since their mascot is a bobcat, we put paw prints on the back. The paw print design is one of the embellishments included in Embroidery Boutique's Vintage Chloe Alphabet.
This week was also teacher appreciation week at our church's preschool. I have been volunteering on Tuesdays and Dashiell has been in Ms Martha's class. He adores Ms Martha (who doesn't??) so I decided to make her a stay-put towel. I asked her husband what color her kitchen was, and was pleased to find this yellow floral fabric in my stash because I wanted to use this design!
 The Faith Hope Love Flower embroidery design is from Embroidery Library. I used the leaf/stem from the Rejoice Flower because I like it better. :)

3 comments on "Teacher Appreciation Gifts"

Unknown on May 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM said...

Ms. Martha loved her stay-put towel, but not as much as I loved Dashiell in my class. I love your work Janay.

Sabrina on May 16, 2011 at 8:57 AM said...

Cute! Great idea! I might have a new project for you. I have two weddings coming up this year and I have seen the cutest little Mr. and Mrs. hand towels around. I will email you:)

Tiffany on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM said...

The owl is precious and that stay-put towel is such a great match with the fabric and praise flower!

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates