Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


For Christmas 2009 and the 2010 holidays following I made seasonal towels for our moms. I think I hit most of them, except for Mother's Day. So I made up for it this year!
Instead of just a plain towel, I made Stay-Put towels for them. (You can read more about my first one here). The fabric I used is a Riley Blake print that I won from Whimsical Fabrics.  Isn't it lovely?? It was part of a fat quarter set, and I think I need more of this print.
The Mom Flower embroidery design is from Embroidery Library. Except I can't leave well enough alone... I actually used the leaf/stem from the Rejoice Flower because I thought it fit the character of the fabric better. I was grateful to have thread colors that matched the fabric so well!

2 comments on "Happy Mother's Day!"

smilingwoman on May 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM said...

How very creative! Love the towels!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva on May 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM said...

Love the fabric you used!!! Awesome!
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

Labels

 

Statcounter

Followers

My Blog List

Stitched By Janay Original Template Copyright 2008, based on Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates